This past week has fitness gear junkies, like myself, excited about recent product announcements from major industry players. On Tuesday, October 15, Nike announced the new Nike+ Fuelband SE. The following day, rival Adidas announced its own smartwatch, a potential competitor for the Nike+ Sportswatch GPS.
Amidst all this product buzz, I would like to share with you my favorite fitness gear that has truly motivated me to get moving and helped me reach my fitness goals. I think it’s important to note that I am in no way affiliated with any of these companies, and my brand loyalty is simply derived from years of trial and error.
- Brooks Ghost 6 running shoes: Since my first road race over a year ago, Brooks Ghost running shoes have provided support and durability in a variety of fun colors. I bought these in blue and yellow shortly after the Boston Marathon bombing to show my support for Boston runners. I highly recommend Marathon Sports for finding your perfect running shoe.
- Nike Pro Essential 2.5″ compression shorts: Appropriate for lifting, running or cross-training, I’m on my way to acquiring more colors to add to my grey and black pairs.
- Nike Element Half-Zip (currently on sale!): A long-sleeve top made with Dri-FIT material that is perfect for those cool fall days, equipped with thumbholes.
- lululemon Swiftly Headband and Ultimate Padded Run Sock: Small investments can make a big difference.
- iPod Shuffle: I’m not a huge fan of arm bands, which often slip or need readjusting mid-workout, This clippable and colorful iPod features Voiceover, playlists and 15-hour battery life, with storage for hundred of songs.
- Foam roller: One of these (any brand) is necessary for those days you are too sore to make it to the gym.
- A running belt: I’m still deciding between the SPIbelt, or one that also carries water bottles, like the Nathan Speed 2 Hydration Belt.
- lululemon running cropped pants and shorts: My favorite feature is the zip pocket for keys and a phone. Start saving, Lindsey.
- Nike+ Sportswatch GPS: YES, PLEASE.
Also, this October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. If you are interested in purchasing products that will help fund breast-cancer-related research, support, and education, be sure to check out this pink-ribbon product guide.
Did I miss any of your favorite fitness products?